Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake is a sweet and amazing overnight breakfast or brunch dish with fresh blueberries and bananas, crumble topping, and maple syrup to make it a classic.
Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake
Sometimes I feel like we get into a boring old breakfast routine. I want something easy so I don’t have to cook, so we end up eating the same-old. I noticed we were starting to fall into one of these boring routines, so I went recipe hunting on Pinterest. I found a wonderful looking baked french toast recipe, that was fast, easy, and make-ahead. So I decided to tweak it a bit to fit our family’s tastes, and I turned the original recipe into a new Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake.
This Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake turned out great! It was so easy. I just popped it in the oven before my morning routine, and by the time it was time to get the kids up for the day, it was done!
Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large bananas
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- Cut or tear your King's Hawaiian Bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Put a third of your bread pieces, blueberries, and bananas into a large greased baking dish. Repeat twice more with the remaining two-thirds of bread, blueberries, and bananas. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Continue stirring until everything is blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours)
- In the morning, cut together flour, brown sugar, and butter with a pastry blender or fork for the crumb topping.
- Sprinkle topping over refrigerated bread mixture. Bake in a 350° oven for about 45 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
Did you like this Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Banana Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.