These Freezer Breakfast Burritos with eggs, spicy chorizo, and cheese can be made in just 30 minutes, then frozen and microwaved when you’re ready to eat. Great for a quick breakfast on-the-go.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
As I may have mentioned before, we love Mexican-inspired food over at our house! These freezer breakfast burritos are a perfect, easy make-ahead recipe. I make a bunch of these, freeze them on a baking tray, then throw them in a freezer bag once they’ve frozen. That way, they’re ready to go for a quick breakfast. Just zap them in the microwave, and eat up. Like frozen burritos from the grocery store, except homemade. Awesomeness. Mr. Gracious loves these on principle, but he also loves that he can just grab a couple freezer breakfast burritos from the freezer on his way to work, and still get a yummy breakfast.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Toppings such as cheese, hot sauce, salsa, or sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook your chorizo. Drain, return to skillet, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. You're basically making scrambled eggs. If you feel like you need to use more or less milk, go ahead. I usually just look for the right consistency rather than measuring it out.
- Add the eggs to the skillet with the chorizo and return to medium heat. Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- When eggs are cooked, remove from heat. Place egg mixture in tortillas and top with desired toppings.
- If you are freezing, I like to roll mine up and stick a toothpick in them to make sure they stay that way. Freeze on a baking sheet for an hour or more, until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag and label.
Did you like this Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast and Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.