Brie and Chive biscuits are a perfect side to complete your meal. Brie adds some extra flakiness to these buttermilk biscuits & chives for a pop of flavor.
Brie and Chive Biscuits
It’s Day 3 of my week of Thanksgiving side dish recipes! Today I have for you some delicious, flavorful, and ridiculously flaky Brie and Chive Biscuits. The original buttermilk biscuit recipe is amazing. But with the added flavor from the chives and extra flakiness from the brie, these are absolutely superb.
I’ve been experimenting with lots of cheeses lately other than the standard cheddar and mozzarella. I’ve found that I’m not too fond of Brie, so I wasn’t sure how much I’d actually like these. But… let’s just say that less than half of these ever made it to the dinner table. Yes. They were that delicious!
You’ll notice that this brie and chive biscuits recipe calls for buttermilk. If you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, be sure to check out my Buttermilk Substitute using ingredients you already have on hand.
Brie and Chive Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces Brie, cut into ½ inch pieces (including the rind)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the butter and cut together with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Add the Brie and chives and toss to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and stir, just until moistened.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it a couple times to bring it together. Roll out to one inch thick.
- With a 2-inch round cookie cutter (or a small glass), cut out biscuits. Reshape the scraps as necessary.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
Did you like this Brie and Chive Biscuits Recipe? Find more on my Salads & Side Dishes, Falling for Fall, and Thanksgiving boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Brie and Chive Biscuits recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.