Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole is an easy dinner recipe, complete with lots of cheesy goodness, ground beef, and tater tots that your kids will love.
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
Cheesy Tater Tot Cowboy Casserole is one of my favorites. It is sooo good, and the perfect chilly-weather, belly-warming, stick-to-ribs dish. With ground beef, corn, cheese, and tater tots all coming together in this dish, side dishes become optional. I love to put a little ketchup on mine, because ketchup and tater tots? Yum!
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I usually use cream of mushroom)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bag frozen tater tots (the flat circle kind)
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream soup, milk, and sour cream. Whisk until combined.
- Add corn, 1½ cups of cheese, and ground beef mixture to the mixing bowl, and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Cover the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking dish with tater tots.
- Pour your ground beef mixture over the tots.
- Scatter the remaining tater tots on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake in a 375° oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tater tots are golden and crunchy.
Did you like this Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole recipe? Find more on my Main Dishes board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.