A decadent way to start the day, these Chocolate Pancakes will add a sweet note to your morning. Top them with berries, whipped cream, or powdered sugar!
I promised I’d be switching over to healthy mode, but I’m not doing a very good job, am I? I mean, in my defense, I said at the end of the week, so technically I don’t have to start until tomorrow… AND chocolate pancakes aren’t really any worse than normal pancakes, right? In fact, they’re waaaay better than your average pancakes, taste-wise anyway. No better way to start the day than with some decadent homemade chocolate pancakes.
I don’t like the traditional maple syrup topping for these. Instead some fresh berries and a little powdered sugar do the trick beautifully. Oh! And whipped cream. Don’t forget whipped cream. NEVER forget whipped cream! (Except I kind of did forget in these pictures, huh? Guess I got a little too excited about getting to eat them afterwards!)
Anyway,… some more topping options are Nutella or peanut butter, or you can swap the berries for bananas. Possibilities are endless. And tasty.
Chocolate Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Additional toppings: berries, bananas, Nutella, peanut butter, powdered sugar or whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and whisk until just combined. Lumps are okay.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat until hot.
- For each pancake, pour about ¼ cup batter onto hot griddle or skillet.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges and bubbles form on top in the center.
- Carefully turn over pancake; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with desired toppings
Did you like this Chocolate Pancakes Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Chocolate Pancakes Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.