Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf uses an old-fashioned buttermilk coffee cake recipe that’s made even more amazing with a sweet cinnamon swirl!
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf
Cinnamon is an unsung hero in so many recipes. Almost all of my favorite fall recipes have cinnamon! Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and even everyone’s favorite pumpkin spice coffee is taken to the next amazingly delicious level all because of cinnamon.
So today I’m going to take a moment to let cinnamon take the spotlight and fill your home up with it’s warm scent while you bake this simple Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf in the oven. This Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf has a classic and moist cakey texture and taste. But what makes it so special, you wonder? Well, in my opinion that would be the sweet cinnamon swirl made with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cinnamon swirls are the best.
I also love that you can make this ahead and freeze it for breakfast later. I’ll just double or triple the recipe. Then for the ones we won’t be using right away, wrap in plastic wrap then foil. Label and date it and throw it in the freezer until you’re ready for it.
Now let’s get baking. I can’t wait for the whole house to smell like cozy and warm cinnamon!
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (Use this easy 2 ingredient buttermilk substitute if you don't have any on hand!)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, coffee, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stirring too much will result in a tough cake loaf.
- Pour half of the batter into a lightly greased 9"x 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon for the topping. Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour half of the cinnamon mixture on the batter and swirl in with a knife. Pour the remaining batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top and swirl again.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes, until cooked through. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Remove from pan to rack to cook completely.
Did you like this Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Loaf Recipe? Find more on my Breakfast and Cakes & Cupcakes boards on Pinterest!
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.