Overnight Crockpot Apple Oatmeal with tangy apples, nutty oats, and sweet butter and powdered sugar glaze is a perfect recipe for Fall and the holidays.
Crockpot Apple Oatmeal
So if you combined three very important aspects of Fall: apples, oatmeal, and your Crockpot, what do you get? An amazing breakfast! This Crockpot Apple Oatmeal is the very essence of Fall! A warm oatmeal breakfast with sweet, juicy apples spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, topped with a sweet butter and powdered sugar glaze drizzle. Can’t start the day off any better than that, can you?! This Crockpot Apple Oatmeal recipe is also great for the holidays, like Thanksgiving and Christmas, because it’s super low-maintenance, and you won’t have to worry about breakfast in the morning!
For apple selection, I’m partial to Gala apples for slow cooker purposes, but Granny Smith will also do well in the slow cooker and will give your Crockpot Apple Oatmeal a touch of sour tang to off-set the sweet brown sugar and powdered sugar glaze.
Be sure to check out our Crocktober Main Page for MORE Crockpot recipes all month long!
Crockpot Apple Oatmeal Recipe
- 3½-4 c oats (not instant)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 3-5 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large lightly greased slow cooker, mix together all ingredients for oatmeal (not for the glaze)
- Cook on low for about 8 hours, or overnight.
- When oatmeal is cooked through and apples are tender, prepare the glaze: whisk melted butter and powdered sugar together. Mix in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Then whisk in vanilla extract.
- Serve Crockpot Apple Oatmeal warm, drizzled with the powdered sugar glaze, and extra milk, if desired.
Did you like this Crockpot Apple Oatmeal recipe? Find more on my Crockpot and Breakfast boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Crockpot Apple Oatmeal recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.