Crispy, cheesy Deep Fried Cheese Bites in a flavorful beer batter make a perfect snack, appetizer, or even a side to your favorite burger. A cheese lover’s dream!
Deep Fried Cheese Bites
CHEESE! I know you’re not surprised to see a gooey, cheesy recipe coming from me. Everything is better with cheese, after all. These Deep Fried Cheese Bites were inspired by my love of all thing cheese and those yummy cheese curds from Culver’s. Only these deep fried cheese bites are coated in a beer batter before they’re fried for a classic beer-and-cheese combo.
We have made these with sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, and mozzarella, and all were delicious. My favorite was the mild cheddar, though, which I thought blended just perfectly with the beer batter.
Deep Fried Cheese Bites Recipe
- 1¼ cup flour, divided
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- **1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (OPTIONAL)
- ½ cup beer
- 1 pound ½-inch cubed cheese (or large cheese curds)
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil in fryer or skillet (at least 1.5 inches deep with oil) to 375°.
- Place ¼ cup flour in a large baggie with the cheese cubes. Shake to coat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add remaining flour, corn flour, garlic powder, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Pour beer into flour mixture, and whisk again until just combined.
- Dip floured cheese cubes into the batter, just a few at a time. When covered, remove and place in oil.
- Fry at 375° for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm while cheese is still nice and gooey.
Did you like this Deep Fried Cheese Bites Recipe? Find more on my Appetizers board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Deep Fried Cheese Bites Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.