Fudge Butter Cookie Pinwheels are delicious soft butter cookies swirled with sweet, gooey fudge. These are seriously like cookie crack!
Fudge Butter Cookie Pinwheels
These Fudge Butter Cookie Pinwheels are my absolute FAVORITE Christmas Cookies recipe! Probably, actually my favorite cookie of all time. I kid you not, they are like cookie crack, and I could eat them all, all by myself. I always have to make a double batch, and somehow they still always disappear…
Fudge Butter Cookie Pinwheels are delicious soft butter cookies swirled with gooey sweet fudge. They are amazing, and you will love them.
Fudge Butter Cookie Pinwheels Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- wax or parchment paper
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl and gradually add to cream mixture.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of 12"x10" sheets of wax paper. Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe mixing bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. When chocolate is melted, add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Remove dough from fridge and remove wax paper from dough. Spread fudge mixture onto dough, leaving about a ½ inch on each of two opposite ends (so you can roll it up).
- Roll dough and fudge filling up jelly roll style (like a cinnamon roll). Refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350° while you're waiting.
- Cut dough log into ¼-inch slices, and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 6-9 minutes at 350°, until edges are very lightly browned. Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. (The fudge makes them very gooey, and they need a bit to set)
Stay tuned the rest of this week for more amazing Christmas Cookies Recipes this week, and check out the rest of our recipes at our Week of Christmas Cookies main page.
If you liked this Fudge Butter Cookies Pinwheels recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.