Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake has a buttery gingersnap crumb crust, classic and creamy cheesecake filling, and a sweet cherry sauce topping, perfect for the holidays.
Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake
Gingersnaps are one of my favorite Christmas cookies, so when I found a recipe for gingersnap cheesecake, I was super excited. Unfortunately, I messed up my ingredient list, and had all the wrong ingredients. So sad. This story has a happy ending though because it ends with this fabulously improvised Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake. A classic cheesecake filling with a gingersnap crumb crust, and topped with a sweet maraschino cherry sauce. The cherry sauce is fabulous and the sweetness of it mixed perfectly with the slightly tangy flavor of the cheesecake.
You can use store bought gingersnaps, but I highly recommend using THIS gingersnap recipe because it’s delicious and still easy to make.
Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 cups ground gingersnaps
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) bars cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the gingersnaps and butter. Using a straight-sided dry measuring cup or a glass and press the mixture into the bottom and the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. If you don't have a springform pan, you can buy one here, or you can just line a normal cake pan with foil. You just want to be able to get it out of the pan after baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then beat in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake at 350° until just set, about 45 minutes. Cool completely, and chill before serving.
- Pour the whole jar of cherries, including the juices, into a small saucepan.
- With a potato masher, mash the cherries, just until they're broken up a bit.
- Bring the berries to a boil. Add the sugar and the lemon juice and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Allow sauce to completely cool before pouring onto cheesecake.
Did you like this Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake recipe? Find more on my Christmas, Christmas Cookies & Treats, and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.