Quick and easy Jalapeno Taco Cups make a perfect finger food party snack or bite size dinner. Top them with all of your favorite toppings for a recipe the whole family will love!
Jalapeno Taco Cups
Why is it that whenever you make something bite-sized it’s just way more fun? Maybe for one thing, you don’t have to argue with your kids about proper use of utensils. Plus, it seems like they think it’s more fun to eat, too. …Probably because we’re not yelling at them to use their utensils the right way…
In any case, finger food is fun. Fun for dinner, fun for parties, and fun for the Super Bowl coming up in just a couple short weeks. And these Jalapeno Taco Cups won’t disappoint. You can make these tasty beauties with pork or chicken, interchangeably. Or you can even substitute with a pound of lean ground beef or turkey. These Jalapeno Taco Cups are so versatile, which is what makes them so perfect for any occasion.
And don’t forget the toppings! Avocado or guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and hot sauce! Anything your heart desires. I’m a little weird and like to put a few slices of fresh cucumbers on mine. I just love the refreshing crunch!
Do you like any “weird” toppings on your tacos?
Jalapeno Taco Cups Recipe
- 4 cups chopped pork loin or chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (Or you can substitute with ½ tablespoon chili powder, ½ tablespoon cumin, and a pinch of paprika, which is what I usually do to control the salt factor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups corn
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I used a Jack cheese, but cheddar would work nicely as well)
- ½ cup jarred jalapeno slices, no juice (or fresh de-seeded slices if you like it extra spicy!)
- 6-inch flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook pork or chicken, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 10-20 minutes).
- Drain excess fat. Return to skillet. Add seasoning and additional salt and pepper to taste. Stir to fully coat. Set aside.
- In a lightly greased cupcake pan, place the tortillas as you would place a cupcake liner. (You can fill them now with the meat, corn, jalapenos, and cheese if you'd like to bake them all together)
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas get golden and crispy.
- Remove from the cupcake pan and fill with pork, cheese, jalapeño and cheese, if you haven't already.
- Serve with additional toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo, and enjoy.
Did you like this Jalapeno Taco Cups recipe? Find more on my Appetizers or Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Jalapeno Taco Cups recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.