A traditional, but perfect blueberry muffins recipe, passed down to me from my grandma. A treat the whole family will enjoy, and an easy breakfast option.
Perfect Blueberry Muffins
These are my grandma’s blueberry muffins. In our house, blueberry season is sacred, based solely on these muffins. Before Mr. Gracious and I got married, my grandma made these for us while we were visiting, and he loved them so much that he’s still talking about them. 8 years later!
I hope you and your family enjoys them as much as we do!
Perfect Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter, plus an additional tablespoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries (2 cups)
- First, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and butter in a large bowl, and mix with a pastry blender. You will want to mix until the clumps are pea-sized. Take out 1 cup of this mixture and set aside.
- Then add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Gently whisk together. Since muffins are a quick bread and can ruin easily by too much stirring, you will want to stir until everything is just combined. There will be lumps, and that's okay. Once combined, gently fold in the blueberries and spoon into a greased muffin tin. This recipe will make about 2 dozen muffins.
- Before you put the muffins in the oven, it needs the crunchy topping! Melt the extra tablespoon of butter and add it to the 1 cup of flour mixture you set aside earlier. Mix with a fork until the butter is fully combined. The mixture should be clumpy. Sprinkle the clumps on the muffins.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes. I start checking them at 20 minutes, and continue every 5 minutes or so until I can pull a toothpick out clean.
If you liked this Perfect Blueberry Muffins recipe, you might also like
Browse All Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.