Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo is a heavenly combination of butter, cream, and Parmesan. That’s it! Super quick and easy dinner! Also great with added garlic.
Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo
Have you ever had Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo? It’s fabulous. It’s just butter, cream, and Parmesan mixed together to create a heavenly, creamy goodness. There’s no flour, like in a roux so all the delightful flavors really stand out. It’s also super easy to make which is a plus. I’ll admit that I’m a fan of Olive Garden’s garlic-y Alfredo sauce, so I’ve been known to dump some fresh minced garlic in the sauce too. Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo is fantastic with or without the garlic, though!
Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 pound Fettuccine noodles cooked al dente (according to package instructions)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Optional: 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, but do not bring it to boil. This will cause it to separate.
- Slowly add the cream. whisk together for about a minute to fully combine the cream and butter. Add the garlic, if you're using it.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and allow to simmer for just one minute. The sauce will be just slightly thicker.
- Remove sauce from heat and add grated Parmesan and hot cooked noodles. Stir together until the sauce is creamy and the noodles are covered. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
If you liked this Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.