Traditional beef chili recipe with the classic, gooey cheesy flavors of chili cheese dogs meld together with perfection right in the Crockpot in this Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili recipe.
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili
I came up with the idea for Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili when I was making a delicious chili cheese dog version of sloppy joes (which you can check out here, because it’s amazing!).
So basically you have the warm comfort of chili, PLUS lots of cheesy goodness and chili cheese dog flavors mixed right in. And yes, you can do all of that right in the Crockpot!
I like to top mine with some raw chopped onions, just like your traditional chili cheese dog. But you can go with traditional chili toppings too like sour cream or oyster crackers. And of course, Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili is wonderful, as is, all by itself.
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili Recipe
- 2½ pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 16-24 ounces shredded cheddar (about 4-6 cups)
- 2 packages of hot dogs, sliced (8 per package, about 16 total)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and brown over medium heat. Drain.
- Add all ingredients except cheese and hot dogs
- Allow mixture to cook on Low for 6-8 hours until hot, flavors are blended, and veggies are tender.
- In the last half hour before serving, stir in half the cheese and all hot dog slices. Stir to combine.
- Top with remaining cheese. Recover and allow to heat for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with additional cheese or toppings like chopped onions.
Did you like this Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Chili recipe? Find more on my Crockpot and Dinner Ideas boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.