Southern Pecan Pie Bars with a soft crust and classic pecan pie filling come together to make one sweet, gooey, heavenly dessert that will be the highlight of your feast!
Southern Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie is one of our favorites. I want to make it pretty much all the time, but I try to restrain myself. At least until the temperatures drop a bit and the first leaf changes color. Then all bets are off.
But do you want to know what’s even better than Pecan Pie? These Southern Pecan Pie Bars. Let me tell you why. The crust is a lot softer than your average pie crust, but it’s also thicker and more absorbent. The Southern pecan pie bars filling actually sinks into the crust and creates this wonderful, gooey, soft, sweet dessert that you will absolutely become addicted to. No shame in eating the whole batch of Southern Pecan Pie Bars! (That’s what I’m telling myself. Work with me, here!)
Southern Pecan Pie Bars are actually very simple to make and will finish off your holiday meals as the star of the show. My guarantee!
Southern Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the ingredients for the crust.
- Spread crust mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
- While crust is baking, prepare the filling. Combine eggs, corn syrup, butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for about 30-40 minutes, until pecan filling is set.
Did you like this Southern Pecan Pie Bars Recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Cakes & Cupcakes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Southern Pecan Pie Bars recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.