Get the best of both worlds with this delightful Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe. Strawberry cake made with REAL strawberries and cream cheese icing with graham cracker crumbs.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
This past weekend was The Boss’ birthday!!! My baby is four! I can’t even believe how time flew. In honor of his birthday, I made these delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes for him to take to school to share with his class. They were a huge hit.
For some reason, while I was searching for a strawberry cake recipe, I could NOT find one without Jello in it! I have nothing against the occasional Jello treat. I was mostly frustrated because I hadn’t purchased any because I didn’t realize strawberry cake didn’t actually have any strawberries in it! So, I set off on my own (risky) adventure to create my own recipe.
I’m not sure if you can buy strawberry puree pre-made at a store, but I’m certain that it’s ridiculously easy to make. One pound of whole strawberries will make about 2 cups of puree. Just de-stem them. Throw them in a blender or processor and process until they’re basically liquified. That’s it. You can either just puree half the pound. Or you can puree it all and freeze what you don’t use for another day!
The frosting recipe is the same base cream cheese frosting I used in my Ginger & Brown Sugar Cupcakes recipe. It is a very thick cream cheese frosting, great for piping. But it still needs to be refrigerated!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ c milk
- 1 cup of strawberry puree
- Use THIS cream cheese frosting recipe
- 6 full-sized graham crackers
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
- Add vanilla and strawberry puree and continue mixing.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix again until combined.
- Slowly add milk, and mix until just incorporated (not too long!)
- Pour or scoop batter into a greased cupcake pan and bake at 350* for 20 minutes (Or until a toothpick comes out clean). If you'd like to bake a cake with this recipe, pour into a greased baking pan and bake at 350* for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set cupcakes aside to cool.
- Follow instructions in the cream cheese frosting recipe. You can add a little milk to make it thinner.
- Place graham crackers in a large plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin
- Add half the graham cracker crumbs to the frosting and mix to incorporate.
- When cupcakes are cooled, frost them. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumbs on top.
Did you like this Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe? Find more on my Cakes & Cupcakes and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.