Homemade Mint White Hot Chocolate combines creamy, white chocolate with a burst of peppermint flavor to create a perfect decadent holiday treat.
Mint White Hot Chocolate
During February and March, you can usually find Mr. Gracious at McDonald's for their Shamrock Shakes. I think he's nuts. I mean, sure, they're good. But.. it's snowing... and you're eating ice cream... It makes me want to hop under the covers with a hat and mittens, just thinking about it!
I've found a yummy alternative that won't make your teeth chatter! Mint white hot chocolate has all the creamy, minty goodness of a Shamrock Shake, except it's warm and keeps your tummy toasty and happy!
Homemade Mint White Hot Chocolate Recipe
Homemade Mint White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 12 ounces white chocolate chopped
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract or mint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: A few drops of food coloring
- Marshmallows for topping
- In a large pot, add milk and half-and-half, and heat over medium heat until steam-y but not boiling.
- Stir in the white chocolate. Continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in food coloring and extracts. Stir until smooth. Serve warm.
If you liked this Homemade Mint White Hot Chocolate Recipe you might also like:
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.