Pesto Chicken Kabobs
No-fuss, 4 ingredient Pesto Chicken Kabobs make a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. Earthy, nutty pesto, fresh and bright cherry tomatoes, and juicy chicken are perfect for summer grilling!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Marinade Time 1 hour
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 kabobs
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1-1.5 pounds) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a large baggie with Italian dressing. Seal baggie and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Remove chicken from refrigerator.
Slide chicken onto skewers, alternating pieces of chicken with cherry tomatoes, until ingredients are used up.
Brush kabobs with pesto using a pastry brush or rub on using clean hands.
Place on a hot grill over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Flip. Continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts are for 1 kabob.
- Can I substitute the chicken breast for a different cut? Yes! Substitute chicken breast for chicken tenderloin or boneless chicken thighs. You can even use boneless pork chops, if you'd rather.
- To get the marinade to really soak into the chicken, poke it with a fork first in multiple places. This will help the chicken tenderize, while adding extra flavor.
- To keep skewers from lighting on fire on the grill, soak them in water while the chicken marinates.
- No skewers? No problem! To grill without skewers, simply prepare your ingredients as instructed in steps 1-4 of the recipe. Then wrap chicken and tomatoes in a foil packet, and follow the cooking instructions in step 5.
- Baking instructions: To bake your pesto chicken kabobs, prepare them using the recipe steps 1-4. You can choose to use skewers or bake them without. Place chicken and tomatoes on a baking sheet. Then bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serving: 1kabob | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.8mg