Chicken Tortilla Chowder
Creamy and cheesy Chicken Tortilla Chowder will warm you up and is so easy to make in just 30 minutes! Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve with warm crusty bread!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cans cream of potato soup (10 ounces each)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 3 large flour tortillas cut into strips 1/2-inch x 2-inches
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all cans of soups, milk, and chicken broth to a large stockpot. Heat to steaming over medium heat.
Add corn, chicken, diced tomatoes and green chiles, green chiles, and tortilla strips to soup mixture, and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add cheese, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until melted.
Serve warm topped with crushed tortilla strips, pico de gallo, or with a warm piece of crusty bread.
- Top it with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, fresh cilantro, or pico de gallo and serve with a warm, buttery, crusty bread.
- This soup can be made ahead. Just store in a container with a lid in the refrigerator, for up to 3-7 days, until ready to eat!
- Freezer Directions: To freeze, allow soup to cool to room temperature. Place in a freezer container with a lid or in a gallon freezer bag. Seal, and place in the freezer. It can be stored for up to a month in a standing freezer, or 3-6 months in a deep freezer.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1521mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 319mg | Iron: 2.2mg