Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
Classic cheesy Tater Tot Casserole is quick and easy to make, but packed with flavor. Made with ground beef, tater tots, cheese, corn, and a creamy gravy, it's comfort food at its finest!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15 ounces) drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom (10.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frozen tater tots the flat circle kind
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add cream soup, milk, and sour cream. Whisk until combined.
Add corn, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and ground beef mixture to the mixing bowl, and stir until everything is incorporated.
Cover the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking dish with tater tots.
Pour your ground beef mixture over the tots.
Scatter the remaining tater tots on top of the ground beef mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake in a 375°F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tater tots are golden and crunchy.
- Do you need to cook the tater tots before adding them to the casserole? Nope! Just put them in frozen!
- Do I have to use cream of mushroom? I know there are some mushroom haters, and that's okay. You can simply sub cream of chicken for the mushroom. If you want to get rid of the "cream of" soup all together, 1.25 cups sour cream, plus 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon celery salt, and a pinch of ground thyme. This will give you all the flavors with none of the "cream of" soup!
- Make ahead directions: Simply assemble, cover, and refrigerate up to a day in advance. When ready to eat, follow the cooking instructions in the recipe. You will need need to increase the cook time by 5-10 minutes since the dish is starting off cold.
- Freezer directions: Fully assemble your casserole, cover, and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator over night, and follow the cooking instructions in the recipe, increasing the cook time by 5-10 minutes to account for the cold dish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 660kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 1027mg | Potassium: 781mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 318mg | Iron: 3mg