Crab Rangoon Dip
Crab Rangoon Dip is a simple, creamy, cheesy recipe, packed with crab, all in one hot dip. It tastes just like your favorite Chinese restaurant!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounce) softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces lump crab meat drained and patted dry, or imitation crab meat
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wonton crisps crumbled for garnish
In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, sriracha, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Add crab, green onions, and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Stir gently to combine.
Transfer crab rangoon dip to an oven-safe dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and crumbled wonton crisps and green onions for garnish.
Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Serve warm with crackers, chips, or wonton chips.
- This dip is low carb and keto friendly.
- To make this dip gluten free, use gluten free soy or tamari sauce and skip the wonton strip topping.
- Drain crab well and pat dry to prevent a super fishy flavor from saturating the whole dip.
- If you're a sweet rangoon lover, add 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the cream cheese and beat in until smooth.
- Top your dip with crushed wonton strips like these ones for the full authentic crab rangoon experience.
- Whisking or beating the cream cheese with an electric mixer before adding the other ingredients will result in a lighter, fluffier dip that's easier to scoop onto chips or crackers.
- Imitation crab in this recipe tastes more authentic to the rangoons that you order at the restaurant, in my opinion.
- If you're buying canned crab, make sure it's the kind that needs to still be refrigerated as that will be fresher.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg