Hot Cocoa Cookies
Hot Cocoa Cookies replicate the delightful feeling of a warm cup of cocoa on a cold day, with warm and gooey chocolate cookies topped with a toasted marshmallow.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup about 4 envelopes milk chocolate hot cocoa mix
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half (I cut them in half height-wise so that they would still be circular)
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy
Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
Combine flour, hot cocoa mix, baking soda, and baking powder and gradually mix into butter mixture. Stir until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
Chill dough for about one hour.
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheett, 2 inches apart.
Bake in a 350° oven for 5 minutes. Remove cookies and press half of a large marshmallow onto each cookie. Continue baking for another 4-6 minutes, until edges are set. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet onto cooling rack.