Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are soft, fluffy, cheesy, garlicky, and EVEN BETTER than the originals. Plus, they're super easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add buttermilk into the well. Stir until just combined.
Gently fold in cheese.
Using a ¼-cup measuring cup or scoop, scoop dough evenly onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. (You may need to bake in batches)
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
While biscuits are baking, prepare the topping. In a small mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons melted butter, parsley, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Brush on biscuits as soon as they're out of the oven. (Or just before serving!)
- Don't have buttermilk? That's okay! Buttermilk is really easy to substitute. Here's how.
- Mix the dough as little as possible. Lumps are okay! Minimal mixing will keep the biscuits soft, fluffy, and tender.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop. It's way less messy than trying to use a spoon!
- Make sure your baking powder is good. Good baking powder will ensure your biscuits are nice and fluffy. To test it, place 1 teaspoon of baking powder in 1/3 cup HOT tap water. If it bubbles, it's good to use. If not, it needs to be replaced!
- Use thickly grated cheese to be able to actually see the cheese pieces in the biscuits. Both fine and thick grated cheese will still taste great though!
- For the true Red Lobster experience, add a little fresh cracked sea salt to the tops of the biscuits after brushing with the butter mixture.
- Storage: These biscuits can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg