Easy, no bake Scotcheroos are chewy, sweet cereal bars with bold flavors like peanut butter, chocolate, and butterscotch, all in one decadent treat!
Prep Time 13 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 24 bars
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups butterscotch chips
Butter a 9"x13" baking dish. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, remove from heat.
Add peanut butter to corn syrup mixture, and stir to combine.
Add cereal and stir until fully covered and incorporated.
Press mixture into prepared baking dish.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each increment, until smooth.
Pour melted chips over pressed cereal mixture, and spread evenly.
Allow to cool and set completely (chocolate may still be slightly soft). Then cut into 16-24 bars.
Nutrition facts are for a recipe cut into 24 bars.
- Do not boil your corn syrup and sugar mixture too long! This will result in hard Scotcheroos!
- Chocolate lover? Try this recipe using chocolate crispy rice cereal!
- Peanut Allergy? You can substitute another nut butter such as almond or cashew, or a nut-less butter such as Sun Butter or Wow Butter.
- Cut bars at room temperature for easy cutting.
- Storage: Store covered at room temperature for up to a week.
- Freezer Instructions: To freeze, allow topping to set, cut into bars, and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, let sit out at room temperature.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg