Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip with spicy jalapenos and savory bacon. Even better than the familiar appetizer, this dip will go fast!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each) softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (about 2-3 sliced)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and garlic powder. Stir until smooth.
Fold in crumbled bacon (reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish), half the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, jalapenos (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish), and green onions.
Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish or skillet (about 8-10 inches).
Sprinkle remaining cheddar, bacon, and jalapenos on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through, melted, and bubbly.
One serving is about 1/3 cup of dip and do not include chips or crackers for dipping.
- This dip is naturally gluten free.
- This dip is keto and low carb. To make it even lower carb, you can omit the sour cream and use all mayo.
- Pat or wipe the grease off of your cooked bacon before you crumble it to keep the dip from getting too greasy.
- To make your dip extra hot, add more jalapenos and leave some of the seeds in.
- To keep your dip mild, diligently remove all of the seeds before chopping your jalapenos.
- Handle fresh jalapenos carefully, preferably with disposable gloves and washing your hands when done. The oils from hot peppers can get into your skin and burn. (It's painful! I found out the hard way!)
- Can you used jarred jalapenos? Yes, although it may have a more mild pepper flavor. Start with about 1/3 cup chopped and add more to taste.
- Make Ahead Instructions: To make the day before, prepare dip according to directions without baking. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Then uncover and bake, adding an extra 5 minutes to cook time to account for the cold dish.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare dip according to instructions then cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 1mg