Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix is quick to make and so much better and flavorful than store-bought! This homemade chicken fajita seasoning is our go-to seasoning for perfect authentic fajitas every time!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
This recipe makes about FOUR 1-tablespoon servings.
- This recipe is gluten free and dairy free! (Just check the labels of your spices to make sure there are no weird additives)
- I store my fajita seasoning in cute little spice jars like these. You can also store it in zip baggies or any container with a lid (like an empty jelly jar!)
- Please note that the cornstarch is optional. I rarely use it. But they do usually have some type of thickener in a store bought packet.
- Homemade fajita seasoning fits keto and low carb lifestyles if you omit the cornstarch.
- Don't forget to give your fajitas a fresh squeeze of lime juice when they're finished cooking. It will take them from "good" to "blow-your-mind amazing!"
- To use this Homemade Fajita Seasoning with the protein (or veggies) of your choice: Use about 1 tablespoon of seasoning per pound of meat. If you did not use cornstarch, use 2 teaspoons of seasoning per pound of meat.
- Check out my favorite Easy Chicken Fajitas and Easy Steak Fajitas recipes to get cooking!
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 617mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.2mg