These Easy Chicken Fajitas are the perfect way to get a delicious and healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes! A very simple marinade adds amazing flavor! These are the BEST chicken fajitas, and the marinade is seriously the best I've ever tried. Better than any restaurant!
Easy Chicken Fajitas
Last week, I shared a simple recipe for homemade fajita seasoning, and this week, I want to share this super delicious, quick and easy Chicken Fajitas recipe. I'm not sure why I haven't shared one like this sooner, or quite frankly, made more fajitas at our house, because fajitas are one of my all-time favorite foods! I love them!
This easy Chicken Fajitas recipe is super flavorful, made with chicken breast, homemade fajita seasoning, and lime juice. The lime juice is absolutely essential. Trust me on this one.
Probably my favorite part about fajitas is loading up on yummy toppings. Some of my favorite toppings are shredded cheese,sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro, fresh pico de gallo, homemade guacamole, or some restaurant style salsa. Serve with warm tortillas.
What's your favorite way to top chicken fajitas?
Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4 breasts)
- 2 medium bell peppers de-seeded and sliced
- 2 onions sliced
- Flour tortillas and toppings for serving
- Combine Fajita Seasoning in small bowl.
- Cut chicken in half horizontally to form 2 portions. If thicker than ½-inch, pound to even thickness.
- Place chicken in bowl with homemade seasoning, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet.
- When skillet is hot, add half the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until nicely charred. Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Scrape remaining bits out of skillet for re-use. Turn heat to medium, heat remaining oil in skillet until smoking. (Also, remember never to put out grease fire with water! Use baking soda!)
- Reduce heat. Add bell peppers and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly blackened, but still slightly crisp. When it starts to sweat, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken thinly and return to skillet with onions and pepper for serving.
- Serve in flour tortillas with all your favorite toppings.
Did you like this Easy Chicken Fajitas recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Easy Chicken Fajitas recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!