Baked in the oven to golden, gooey perfection, this deluxe 5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese is the ultimate cheesy sandwich with 5 types of real cheese, a garlic herb ricotta spread, garlic butter, tangy cherry tomatoes and spinach.
Oven Baked 5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese
This week has been totally cold and dreary, which sounds just awful, BUT it's not. Because with cold, dreary Fall weather comes ALL of my favorite things. Warm blankets, cute sweaters, hot coffee, and cozy comfort food. Like this amazing recipe that I'm going to share with you today. One of my favorite simple, quick, and easy cozy comfort food dinners for when it's cold out is soup (which I have stockpiled in the freezer, so I can just thaw it out.) You can check out some of my favorite soup recipes here, but that's not why we're here today. We're here to talk about the BEST part of soup, which is the cozy, creamy grilled cheese sandwich that goes with it. My most recent favorite, and the one I'm sharing today, is a cheesy, creamy Oven Baked 5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese.
Oven Baked 5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese. Wow, that's a mouthful, isn't it? It really was a delicious one though, and I'll tell you more about this seriously decked-out, top-notch grilled cheese sandwich in a minute. But first, let's talk about what makes a truly excellent grilled cheese sandwich.
Can you guess it? It's my favorite.... Cheese! You cannot have an excellent grilled cheese sandwich without excellent cheese. #Truth. And no. Not those individually wrapped processed cheese "food" slices that are only required to have 51% actual real cheese in them (and seriously, doesn't that make you wonder what the rest is... that must be the "food"...)
Real Cheese Makes the Perfect Baked Grilled Cheese
A serious grilled cheese sandwich needs some serious REAL cheese, which is why I love Sargento® cheese. Sargento® Sliced Cheese is 100% real cheese (that's right, no "food" included), cut straight from real blocks of natural cheese and tested by professional cheese graders, in 23 varieties.There's a variety for you for any recipe you can dream up.
Real cheese makes a dish. It adds a creamy, decadent element to even something as simple as a sandwich that processed cheese "food" can never achieve. If you haven't joined the ranks of the #RealCheesePeople, you need to, right now. I can guarantee you won't regret it.
Head on over to the Sargento® website to learn more about their real cheese, and even find some delicious cheesy recipes.
Now that we have that sorted out, let's talk about my new favorite easy dinner. While a simple grilled cheese with your typical cheddar (or cheddar and pepper jack at our house, at Mr. Gracious' request) is truly a thing adored, this white pizza grilled cheese is like the quintuple deluxe of grilled cheese! With five different types of creamy Sargento® cheeses: sliced mozzarella, provolone, and pepper jack (...again at Mr. Gracious' insistence, though I'll admit it added a nice flavor with a kick), plus grated Parmesan, and a ricotta spread.
And don't forget the ingredients that make it pizza-flavored. Garlic butter on the outsides of toasty Italian bread; gooey, zesty Italian herb and garlic ricotta spread on the inside, with the tang of sliced cherry tomatoes, spinach, and of course the 5 kinds of creamy, decadent cheese. Are you drooling? I am. I have to go so I can make more. Right now!
- Check out more about real cheese and cheesy recipes HERE at the Sargento® website.
White Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe
5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread or other thick-cut, sturdy bread
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced garlic divided
- 1 cup Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Sargento® Mozzarella slices
- 4 Sargento® Provolone slices
- 4 Sargento® Pepper Jack slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- In a small mixing bowl, add softened butter and 1 teaspoon garlic. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place 8 slices bread on a baking sheet.
- Spread the garlic butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Then flip the bread so that it's butter side down.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of ricotta mixture on the other side of each slice of bread.
- On half the bread slices, layer mozzarella, provolone, pepper jack, cherry tomatoes, and spinach.
- Top with the remaining pieces of bread.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 5 minutes on each side or until the outside of the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted and gooey.