Fresh and zesty Homemade Shrimp Cocktail Sauce recipe with just 5 simple ingredients. Serve with your next shrimp cocktail!
Homemade Shrimp Cocktail SauceJump to Recipe
My family loves cocktail shrimp. In fact, my oldest has declared that he will now only eat shrimp that way (making cooking all that much easier...). Anyway... for some reason it has been really hard to find a shrimp cocktail sauce that everyone loves. My dad in particular is pretty picky about his cocktail sauce. It seems like we've just been buying ketchup in a fancy bottle lately.
On a mission to get better shrimp cocktail sauce, I decided to look up how to make homemade shrimp cocktail sauce. It turns out that it's really easy and it does involve ketchup, and also just four other ingredients to make a really good, fresh homemade shrimp cocktail sauce.
A word to the wise before we whip some up. Be sure you get prepared horseradish. NOT the creamy mayonnaise-based kind. That will turn your sauce pink and weird (don't ask me how I know that...)
Homemade Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Homemade Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 -6 tablespoons prepared horseradish depending on how zesty you like yours!
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of tabasco
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Adjust amount of horseradish, if necessary.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until use. (We always store ours in a mason jar)
- Enjoy with your favorite shrimp!
If you liked this Homemade Cocktail Sauce Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.