Quick and easy, but also cheesy and zesty Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon recipe uses to simple ingredients to make a delicious flavorful meal in just 30 minutes!
Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon
I've been trying to incorporate more seafood into our diets lately, partially for health reasons, partially because I like to have my children try lots of things, and also just because it sounds yummy. Here in the Midwest, our beef-cooking skills are probably superior to our fish-cooking, and good fish is sometimes hard to come by. Which is why I really wanted to share this Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon recipe. It is SO good and so easy to make, that even a Midwesterner can do it 😉
This Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon was inspired by Red Lobster's Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, which is absolutely heavenly. I've made a couple changes. The most obvious of which is that I used salmon. But I kept it simple, so there's only 4 more ingredients: garlic, parsley, chives, and Parmesan.
To make your Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon, place your large salmon fillet skin down on a piece of foil, season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper, and put the whole thing on a baking sheet. Wrap the salmon loosely in the foil so that it's kind of tented, then pop it in a 400°F oven for about 8-10 minutes. It won't be all the way cooked through yet.
While the salmon is baking, grab a mixing bowl and add the minced garlic, parsley, chives, and Parmesan cheese, and toss or gently stir to combine. After the 10 minute bake time, remove the salmon from the oven, unwrap it, and spread the Parmesan mixture evenly on the salmon. Re-wrap the salmon, still loosely tented so the foil won't stick to the cheese (a travesty, for sure!), and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden and the salmon is cooked through.
Serve your juicy, cheesy, flavorful Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon with some fresh Oven Roasted Asparagus for a full quick and easy meal.
Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon Recipe
- 1 large salmon filet about 2 pounds
- 3-6 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup sliced chives
- ½-1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon skin side down on the foil. Wrap the foil loosely around the salmon so that it's kind of tented in the middle and fold up the ends of the foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, combine garlic, parsley, chives, and Parmesan to a medium mixing bowl.
- Remove salmon from the oven after 10 minutes. Unwrap and sprinkle Parmesan garlic herb mixture onto salmon evenly.
- Leave uncovered. Return salmon to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Did you like this Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Parmesan Garlic Herb Salmon recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.