The perfect combination of salty and sweet, Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a cool dessert with layers of salty pretzels, smooth cheesecake, and strawberry jello with fresh strawberries on top.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Strawberry pretzel salad reminds me of one of my all-time favorite desserts, strawberry cheesecake, but it is WAY easier to make. Don't be deceived by it's name. It's not a salad in the healthy sense of the word. Although, I guess it does have fresh fruit, so it can have a couple health points there...
It is made with three scrumptious layers: a salty pretzel crust, a creamy and sweet cheesecake center, and a strawberry gelatin with fresh tart berries on top.
The sweet-salty-tart combination will have you coming back for seconds! And probably thirds.
Strawberry pretzel salad the perfect recipe to make ahead, making it ideal for holidays and get-togethers. It's super easy to make and the hardest part is waiting for it to set!
What is the Easiest Way to Crush Pretzels for the Crust?
Crushing pretzels is pretty easy. These are my top 2 ways I like to do it.
The baggy method: My favorite part about this method is that there's no extra dishes to do. Just toss the baggy when you're done. Place pretzels in a gallon bag. Squeeze out all of the air. Then smash the baggy with a rolling pin or the bottom of a pot until it reaches the desired consistency.
The food processor: Dump the pretzels into a large food processor and pulse until they reach the desired consistency.
How Do You Keep the Pretzel Crust From Getting Soggy?
The most common complaint with a strawberry pretzel salad is that the pretzel crust got soggy.
In order to keep yours crispy and crunchy, be sure to spread the cream cheese layer all the way to the edges to really seal the pretzels in. The cream cheese mixture will act as a moisture barrier between the pretzels and the jell-o layers.
More Sweet Salad Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Fresh Fruit Salad - A healthy and simple fruit salad that has become our family's summer favorite.
- Snickers Caramel Apple Salad - Crispy apples with caramel and candy bar pieces in a creamy sweet dressing.
- Watergate Salad - Don't be alarmed by it's bright color! Unique flavors come together to create a surprisingly delicious side dish.
- Berry Cheesecake Salad - Fresh berries swimming in a cool, creamy cheesecake dressing.
- Ambrosia Salad - My kids call this one marshmallow salad because even though it's packed with fruit, the fluffy marshmallows are their favorite part.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
For the Crust
- 2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
For the Gelatin Layer
- 1 package strawberry gelatin (6 ounces)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pretzels, butter, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 9x13" baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes. Then set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled pretzel crust, all the way to the edges. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before proceeding.
- In a large mixing bowl, add gelatin. Pour in boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Allow to sit and cool until mixture reaches room temperature.
- When gelatin is room temperature, place sliced strawberries over cream cheese layer.
- Gently pour strawberry gelatin mixture over strawberries.
- Refrigerate until firmly set, at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Such a delicious and unique dessert! Love the salty crunch from the pretzels with the jelly texture! Yum!
I go crazy for cheesecake of all kinds, but I've never tried one quite like this! I'll be making this soon and I'll be lucky to score a piece or two before it's gone!
A recipe similar to this one is popular in my family for holidays, but it doesn't have the cheesecake layer. I'll definitely have to give this a try, that sounds like a fantastic addition!
Neli Howard says
Love this recipe! It’s the perfect sweet treat for any occasion! My kids and husband go crazy for this… YUM!!
My daughter is going to love this recipe! Looks so delicious and yummy! Can’t wait to give this a try!
This looks perfect -- I love strawberries and cheesecake! Add pretzels, and that is a great salty note too!
OMG that pretzel crust is everything along with the strawbs and creamy cheesecake layer. Yum!!
Michelle Boule says
My husband kept trying to convince me that pretzels go great with desserts and this one proved me wrong! Thanks for giving him bragging rights haha
Yummy! My boyfriend love love loved this recipe! He's not one to have a sweet tooth but he absolutely loved it! I will be making this again soon!
I'm a big fan of sweet and salty combos and this dessert is everything! Not only is it easy to make but also incredibly delicious. There are never leftover when I make this!
Claudia Lamascolo says
Love the crunch and berries together! Everyone loved the flavors in this and we are surely going to make it more often thanks for sharing !
Such a fun and refreshing dessert! I love how easily it all comes together and that vibrant strawberry topping.
Carrie Robinson says
Oh yum! Such a classic dessert. And I love the sweet & salty combo happening here. 🙂
The flavors in this delectable dessert are INCREDIBLE! If you are a strawberry lover, you absolutely have to try this sweet treat!
This looks amazing! Cheesecake, pretzels and strawberries? Count me in! Can't wait to try this recipe 🙂
I can't wait to make it. I mean, I love everything strawberry and this pretzel salad is out of this world!
This is so delicious I want to make every weekend this summer! Thanks.
I love no-bake desserts and this looks amazing! I love that strawberry topping and pretzel layer together. Such a fresh take on Spring ready desserts!
Casey Rooney says
My kids went crazyyyy over this! It's literally all of their favorite things! Loved the sweet and salty myself 🙂 We'll be making this one again!