Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is actually a creamy, sweet dessert with bits of crisp, tart apples and gooey candy bar pieces.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is one of those desserts that's no-so-cleverly disguised as a salad. Or maybe it's the other way around... 🤔
Whatever it is, it's sweet and tart, crunchy and gooey, creamy and cool, and mostly just little bites of heaven. Or big bites. Can't go wrong either way on that!
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is a great dish to bring to a potluck or gathering. It's made with apples, pudding, Cool Whip, Snickers, and caramel sauce (like you put on ice cream!).
It's best served the day that it's made, but it will keep well enough that you can make it the night before if you need to.
What Apples Work Best in Snickers Caramel Apple Salad?
Because the rest of the ingredients in this recipe are so very sweet, I like to counterbalance it with a little tartness from the apples. My go-to apples for this recipe are Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.
Sweet apples are okay to use as well, if you prefer, but be sure to use firmer varieties such as Gala or Fuji.
Looking for a way to make this simple, sweet dish even better? Add in a few of these tasty treats for even more decadence.
- Toffee bits - Chop up some toffee bars or grab them by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle.
- Mini Chocolate Chips - And I do mean mini. Just tiny little niblets of chocolate go a long way without being overpowering.
- Sliced Grapes - I know it's an apple salad, but grapes add so much juicy, tartness!
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans - will give it just a little bit extra crunch without a very strong flavor. Plus, apples + walnuts = heaven 🙌
- Chopped Roasted Peanuts - Just like on caramel apples!
More Sweet Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Apple Cobbler - super easy cobbler with cinnamon apples and a soft-cakey topping.
- Watergate Salad - another classic sweet salad with pineapple, marshmallows and pudding.
- Berry Cheesecake Salad - juicy berries in a creamy cheesecake salad.
- Homemade Taffy Apples - my grandma's recipe for caramel apples from scratch.
- Apple Brown Betty - the easiest of all apple desserts. Baked apples with a simple graham cracker topping.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 medium tart apples (see notes above)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 6 full size Snickers bars (1.86 ounces each), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix. Whisk for about a minute, then allow to sit and thicken for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- While you wait, core and chop apples.
- Fold whipped topping and caramel sauce into pudding mixture until smooth.
- Fold apples, candy bars, and marshmallows into pudding mixture until incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- For nut allergies, use Twix or another nut-free candy bar instead of Snickers!
- Prep your apples at the last minute, and add them ASAP to prevent them from browning before they're in the salad.
- For garnish, drizzle extra caramel sauce on top.
- Storage: Best served the day it's made. Cover leftovers and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!