Homemade Taffy Apples are a perfect Fall treat with homemade, gooey and sweet caramel wrapped around fresh, tart apples that the whole family will love.
Homemade Taffy Apples
When I was little, my grandma used to make these Homemade Taffy Apples every Fall with us. She baked with us a lot, but taffy apples were special because they were just once per year. It's a fond memory for me and my sisters. All of us gathered around Grandma arguing about who gets to be the next "taffy tester." It's now a tradition I'm passing on to my own children, and they seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.
This is a recipe near and dear to my heart. I debated posting it at all. But I decided that if passing it along would help more families make memories, it would be worth it. I hope these taffy apples put a smile on your face and some happy Fall memories in your heart!
Homemade Taffy Apples Recipe
Homemade Taffy Apples
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 apples with sticks inserted
- In a medium saucepan, add condensed milk, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring, until taffy has thickened. The caramel will also have changed to that rich caramel color when ready. To test, fill a small bowl with cold water. Drop a bit of taffy in. If you can form it into a ball that will hold and leaves little residue, you've hit the sweet spot.
- When it reaches the soft ball stage, remove from heat. Add margarine and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer or whisk vigorously until well blended.
- When caramel is ready, dip apples in and twist to cover the whole apple. Place on foil or wax paper to allow to cool and stiffen.
I also have this super simple Crockpot Caramel Apples version that you'll love!
Did you like this Homemade Taffy Apples recipe? Find more on my Falling for Fall and Desserts boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Homemade Taffy Apples recipe, you might also like
See More Fall Recipes and Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Katie @ Horrific Knits says
Oh, what beautiful apples! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays, now open. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up!
Thank you! And thanks for stopping in! I'll definitely check out your linky, and I added it to my Linky Parties page 🙂
Mrs. aok says
Yummy! Thank you SO much for sharing a recipe near and dear to your heart 🙂 Pinned!
Happy you shared with us at Mommy Monday <3
Thanks for stopping by and for hosting every week!
Yum! I make caramel apples but haven't tried this recipe. Thank you!