Apple Brown Betty- A simple but delicious apple dessert recipe, with fresh apples, butter, brown sugar, and a crunchy graham cracker topping.
Apple Brown Betty
I just love apple season! I needed to use up some of the apples that I've been
hoarding stockpiling, so I decided to whip up some of this tasty Apple Brown Betty. It's a super simple recipe, great for a baker just starting out (It was one of my first recipes!). Or just if you're in need of a warming, comforting, delicious apple dessert, but don't want to spend all day in the kitchen just to satisfy that need!
Apple Brown Betty Recipe
Apple Brown Betty
- 6 sheets graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3-5 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Put graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (or some other large, heavy object).
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs with melted margarine.
- Put half of the crumb mix in the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- Place apple slices, spices, and lemon juice in a large plastic bag. Shake until all the apples are covered and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put apples in baking dish on top of crumbs.
- Pour water over apples and top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes to make your crumbs extra crumbly!
- Serve warm. You can also include additional toppings such as caramel sauce or ice cream.
Did you like this Apple Brown Betty Recipe? Find more on my Desserts and Falling for Fall boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Apple Brown Betty Recipe you might also like
Browse All Recipes
See More Fall Recipes and Ideas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Looks amazing! My husband loves apple desserts. I have yet to make any this fall. Once we get through the Whole30 some serious baking is going to have to happen - including apple and pumpkin recipes. 🙂
Kristina and Millie says
Oh I haven't had apple brown betty in years!! Now it's all I can think about! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe that I now just HAVE to make 🙂
Sounds good. WIill be trying it come fall when it cools down to bake again! Followed you from That DIY linky party!
Wow this looks and sounds great!!
Thanks for sharing!! I'm gonna share too 🙂
My Family Ties says
This sounds great, a perfect Autumn warmer! 🙂 #TastyTuesdays
Alexis AKA MOM says
Oh my lord! That looks so good!
I have only made an Apple Brown Betty ones and that was years ago. Your recipe looks so simple and tasty. Pinned it!
Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays.
Honest mum says
Looks really good! Please do link back to my Tasty Tuesdays linky or add my badge, thanks x
Hi! I have you linked on my Link Parties page. Do you want a link back in post too? Link Parties
Thanks for stopping by and for hosting the party every week!
Teri @ the Freshman Cook says
Love this recipe! I love apple brown betty, and your recipe sounds yummy! I would love if you would stop by and share this post at my blog party, Celebrate It! It’s all about celebrating the everyday things we do!
Hope to see you there!
Thanks for stopping by! And I would love to stop in! Thanks for the invite!
Jennifer Dawn says
This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!