Moist, spiced carrot cake rolled up with creamy cream cheese frosting makes this Carrot Cake Roll exceptional for a yummy Spring dessert.
Carrot Cake Roll
I love cake rolls because they look super fancy and fun, but they’re no more hard to make than your average cake. This tasty, moist spiced Carrot Cake Roll filled with creamy cream cheese frosting is a perfect Spring recipe or a delicious recipe to take to your Easter potluck.
The trick to making a perfect cake roll is to actually roll it up while it’s still very hot so that it stays that way without cracking, even after you’ve filled it with frosting. Be sure to follow the directions carefully for your own perfect Carrot Cake Roll.
Carrot Cake Roll Recipe
Carrot Cake Roll
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple Or use a food processor to process into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Use a half batch of THIS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING recipe. (If mixture is too thick for your liking, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk again to combine.
- Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- Pour batter into a greased 10"x15" baking sheet. Top with pecans.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 9-11 minutes, until cooked through.
- Lay out a large dish towel, and heavily coat in powdered sugar. Flip baked cake onto towel while still hot, and immediately roll up with the towel. (like a cinnamon roll)
- Allow to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Roll carrot cake roll bake out, cover in cream cheese frosting, then roll back up again, without the towel this time.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour, until set.
- Cut into 16 slices and serve.
If you liked this Carrot Cake Roll recipe, you might also like
See More Dessert Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.