Simple and quick prep, this pretty and sweet Cherry Marble Cake recipe tastes like pound cake with a fresh swirl of tangy cherries. Top with whipped cream & cherry.
Cherry Marble Cake
I’m so excited to share a dessert recipe today! It feels like I’ve been lacking in that department lately, and I think we can agree that a world without cake is no good at all! With Memorial Day this weekend, I’ll be whipping up this simple Cherry Marble Cake to share at the festivities.
What I love most about this Cherry Marble Cake is its simplicity. It’s a very dense, sweet cake, like a pound cake, but the cherries add a pretty dash of color and a fresh, tangy zing. And even better, you don’t need to make a frosting or glaze to go with it. A nice, light whipped cream topped with a maraschino cherry does the job just perfectly!
Cherry Marble Cake Recipe
Cherry Marble Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together to full combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and cream again until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to fully combine after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat again until combined.
- To the butter-sugar mixture, add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then add 1/3 of the milk and mix again until just combined. Continue added the dry ingredients and milk alternately until all are incorporated.
- In a lightly greased and floured 9"x9" deep baking dish or large bundt pan, pour half of the cherry pie filling. Gently spread to cover the pan. Next pour half the cake batter into the pan. Spread again. Repeat to create two more layers.
- Run a butter knife through the batter and cherry pie filling in a zig-zag or swirling pattern to create the marble effect.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only fine crumbs. (Start checking at an hour, then bake for an additional 10 minutes if it's still not done, and check again.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
If you liked this Cherry Marble Cake Recipe, you might also like
See More Cakes and Cupcakes Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.