This Best Potato Salad Recipe is creamy and flavorful with just the right amount of spicy. I never even liked potato salad until I tried this recipe!
Best Potato Salad
I must admit, I’m not a big fan of potato salad. I’m not sure why. I like everything that’s in potato salad, but I just never really liked it all together. Maybe I just needed to find that one best potato salad recipe.
One day I had the potato salad at Famous Dave’s, a fabulous barbecue restaurant. If you’ve never been, I encourage you to try it! Their brisket is my favorite! Anyway. Potato salad. Theirs is amazing. And it’s the first potato salad that I can honestly say that I loved.
I just had to find a way to replicate this for all of our future picnics and events, so I took special care in trying to taste each ingredient. I even made Mr. Gracious taste it and tell me if he tasted anything I missed.
Later that week, I whipped up my own potato salad using the flavor inspiration from Famous Dave’s. It turned out pretty darn close! AND pretty darn tasty! I can honestly say that it’s the best potato salad recipe I’ve ever made or eaten.
Best Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 hard boiled eggs finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno pepper about 1 pepper, seeds removed
- In a large pot, boil potatoes with enough water to cover and boil potatoes just until tender, about 8-15 minutes. Drain when done, and place in a bowl to chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, mustard, and vinegar. Stir mixture until everything is combined.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper, and stir again to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients, except potatoes, and stir to incorporate.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator. Peel potatoes and cut into half-inch cubes.
- Add potatoes to the mayonnaise mixture and stir to incorporate, fully coating potatoes with mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Potato salad is best if chilled overnight before serving.
If you liked this Best Potato Salad Recipe, you might also like:
See More Summer Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.