Fresh and zesty Pizza Pasta Salad is packed with flavor and fresh vegetables, plus cheese and pepperoni to include all of your favorite pizza toppings. One of our family favorite crowd-pleaser recipes that’s great for potlucks, barbecues, and holidays.
Pizza Pasta Salad
This Pizza Pasta Salad is a family favorite, all year round. I love making Pizza Pasta Salad all Summer long, but I also bring it to almost every family gathering. Birthdays, holidays, you name it! And it’s always a hit!
Pizza Pasta Salad is loaded with veggies and packed with flavor. Pepperoni, cheese, fresh garlic, Italian dressing. Basically all of your favorite pizza toppings and then some.
Do You Have to Rinse Pasta for Pasta Salad?
Yes, it is highly recommended to rinse the pasta under cold water after draining. The rinsing will stop the cooking process so that it will not be too mushy or over-cooked.
Can It be Made Ahead of Time?
Pizza pasta salad should definitely be made ahead of time! I try to do it at least 8 hours, but a full day is best to give the flavors enough time to absorb and marry.
Can Pizza Pasta Salad be Heated?
Yes! If you’d like to reheat the leftovers for a little something different, toss them in a large pot with some pasta sauce and heat until warmed through.
How to Serve Pizza Pasta Salad
You can serve it cold as a side dish for a barbecue or potluck. We love to serve it with simple grilled dishes like chicken or pork chops or even burgers and hot dogs.
You can also reheat it for something different. (directions above!)
One of my favorite ways to serve it is by using half chickpea pasta for a little extra protein. Then chop up some romaine hearts and toss together with the pasta salad for an actual pasta green salad. We serve it this way as a full and filling meal, and because it’s a cool dish, the whole family loves it in the summer.
More Summer Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – cool and creamy pasta salad with the slight tang of dill pickles.
- Best Southern Potato Salad – family favorite potato salad with everything that makes potato salad great.
- Creamy Southern Coleslaw – fresh cabbage and carrots in a creamy sweet and tangy dressing.
- Easy Homemade Fruit Salad – healthy, quick, and simple. Great as a side or a healthy dessert!
- Southern Succotash – a southern side dish made with corn and lima beans along cherry tomatoes and bacon, for a fresh and zesty side dish perfect for summer.
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 12 oz uncooked rotini
- 1/2 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2.5 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle Zesty Italian dressing
- Prepare rotini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer in a large bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients, except dressing. Gently toss to combine.
- Add in the dressing. Add a little at a time, and add more if you need (that way it doesn't get over-dressed).
- Cover and chill, preferably for at least 24 hours, until ready to serve.
- Use chickpea rotini or gluten free noodles to make it gluten free. Omit the cheese or use a dairy free cheese alternative to make it dairy free.
- Add some sliced hot or mild pepperoncini peppers for a little spice.
- You can also add other pizza toppings you love such as diced red onions, fresh chopped spinach, or cooked Canadian bacon.
- Make Ahead: This pasta salad is best made ahead of time, at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!