Fresh and full of sweet berries, this Berry Spritzer is a pretty and refreshing beverage that's perfect for Summer! Plus, directions to turn it into a boozy drink!
If you love berries, especially big, sweet, ripe summer berries, then this Berry Spritzer is the perfect drink for you.
It's cold, bubbly, and fruity and made with REAL berries. It's super simple to throw together, but it's absolutely gorgeous. So it's the perfect drink for company.
Plus, this drink looks patriotic with its red and blue berries, so it's fun to serve all summer long for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day for kids AND adults (adult-only directions are below!).
What Berries Should I Use?
I prefer to use strawberries and blueberries, but you can also add raspberries or blackberries if you like those better.
Can I Make this Berry Spritzer with Alcohol?
Yes, it's super easy to turn into an actual cocktail too! And a very pretty and tasty one at that.
Just add 1 cup of vodka, and substitute the soda for 3 cups of sparkling wine. Then follow the rest of the recipe as written.
Fresh or Frozen Berries?
Either work fine. But if you use fresh, you'll actually want to freeze them first, so that they're like ice cubes in the drink. So frozen may be preferred here so that you can skip the extra step.
Can Berry Spritzers Be Made Ahead of Time?
I don't recommend it, as the soda or sparkling wine will lose its carbonation.
More Cold Drink Recipes You'll Love
- Earl Grey Spritzer - a beautiful sparkling drink made with an Earl Grey tea infused simple syrup and sparkling soda or wine.
- Blackberry Lemon Spritzer - fresh and bright sparkling beverage with muddled blackberry and lemon juice.
- Peach Floats - perfect for a summer afternoon with tangy cool peach juice and creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Pineapple Pomegranate Slushies - the perfect combination of pretty and fun, this tropical slushie will cool you off on even the hottest of days.
- Iced Mochaccino - an afternoon pickup that will keep you going the rest of the day, this iced mocha cappuccino is even better with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 cup lemonade chilled
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda chilled
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
- Pour the lemonade and soda into a pitcher. Set aside.
- In each cup, add 2-4 tablespoons each frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries or raspberries.
- Pour soda mixture into each cup to fill.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
- Be sure to chill lemonade and soda before making!
- Cocktail Directions: Add 1 cup vodka and 3 cups chilled sparkling white wine instead of soda. Then follow remaining recipe instructions.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in May 2017. It was republished with new tips, photos, and video in July 2022.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!