This pretty, festive, and fun sparkling Earl Grey Spritzer is the perfect drink for a party or bridal shower, or even a delightful just-because pick-me-up.
Earl Grey Spritzer
Earl Grey Spritzers are elegant, beautiful, and easy to make. It's like taking your iced tea to a whole new level of fun and delicious. They're made with an Earl Grey tea-infused simple syrup and sparkling wine, served in a pretty glass (like a Champagne flute) with a lemon slice.
Earl Grey Spritzers are great to serve at bridal showers and events because they're so dainty and pretty, but they're also simple enough to make at home.
What Kind of Wine to Use
The syrup used to flavor the drink is very sweet. It's a simple syrup, meaning it's concentrated sugar water. So we really don't want too much sweetness in the wine or it will be too much.
Choose a dry white sparkling wine or Champagne.
How to Make an Earl Grey Spritzer Mocktail
Making a non-alcoholic, or virgin, mocktail version of this drink is so simple. Simply use plain club soda or lemon flavored club soda instead of the sparkling wine.
Can I Use Other Kinds of Tea?
Yes! I made this same exact recipe (the mocktail version, as it was a church event) for my sister's bridal shower, except I used lavender tea. It was beautiful, and I got SO MANY compliments on how delicious it was!
Can I Make Earl Grey Spritzer Ahead of Time?
The syrup can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days before the event. Assemble drinks just before serving.
More Cold Drink Recipes You'll Love
- Berry Spritzer - a summer beverage made with fresh, ripe, sweet summer berries.
- Blackberry Lemon Spritzer - a bubbly drink infused with sweet blackberries and a spray of lemon.
- Iced Mochaccino - an iced mocha cappuccino that's perfect for hot weather, and even better when ice cream is involved.
- Peach Floats - a tangy-sweet peach drink adorned with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Pomegranate Pineapple Slushies - pretty, pink, and fun, these tropical slushies are a perfect cold treat for a hot summer day.
Earl Grey Spritzer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- Champagne or sparkling white wine very cold
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar into water. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture turns syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Place the tea bags in the saucepan and let the mixture come to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the cold Earl Grey simple syrup into each glass or Champagne flute.
- Fill remaining glass with Champagne or sparkling wine, about ½ cup.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
- Make Ahead: You can make the syrup ahead of time, but keep separate from the sparkling wine or soda. After cooling, store syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!