Make this rich and creamy Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe that tastes as amazing as your favorite Italian restaurant, right in your own kitchen so that you can eat it whenever you want!
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
I am just too excited to share this recipe today! It is one of my FAVORITES! It doesn't say so in the title but this homemade creamy Alfredo sauce recipe is totally based off of Olive Garden's sauce. I could literally live off their bread sticks with Alfredo for dipping (AND a bowl of their Chicken Gnocchi soup, which I also have a recipe for HERE!). They are heavenly. And I really just think we should go ahead and dip everything in cheesy Alfredo sauce. Mmmm. I'm going to have to go make some as soon as I'm done sharing how to do it here!
To make your own creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce, you'll just need 4 ingredients: butter, cream, Parmesan, and, if you like the Alfredo sauce at Olive Garden, minced garlic. If you want a more traditional Alfredo sauce, you can skip the garlic. Making it is really easy. The hardest part is probably just prepping the ingredients!
Place your butter in a large saucepan, and melt over medium heat. Do NOT let the butter begin to bubble or boil. This will make it separate and your recipe won't come together. You'll have to toss it, start over, big mess. Just watch it during this part. It should only take a couple minutes to melt anyway. Once your butter is melted, slowly pour in the cream, stirring to combine. Add your garlic after you've added the cream and stir again.
Bring this butter and cream mixture to a simmer, stirring very frequently, and allow to simmer (not hard boil) for just a minute before removing from heat. Remove the pot from the stove, and sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese is combined and melted. Do a little taste test here because why not! But also use the opportunity to adjust the seasoning with a little salt or pepper as needed.
Use your creamy homemade Alfredo sauce on anything and everything like:
- A dip for bread sticks or garlic bread
- To pour on top of some homemade gnocchi
- In this Chicken Alfredo lasagna recipe
- Or on top of some Fettuccine for a timeless, classic (and always delicious) approach)
What will you use your Homemade Alfredo Sauce on?
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, but do not bring it to boil. This will cause it to separate.
- Slowly add the cream. whisk together for about a minute to fully combine the cream and butter. Add garlic, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and allow to simmer for just one minute. The sauce will be just slightly thicker.
- Remove sauce from heat and add grated Parmesan and hot cooked noodles
If you liked this Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.