Ham and cheese is a classic combination that everyone loves, especially in this creamy, cheesy Ham and Cheese Pizza recipe that makes a yummy and easy family dinner!
Ham and Cheese Pizza
Sometimes you just need a little quick and easy comfort food at the end of a long day. And, seriously, after a long day, it's SUPER important that it's EASY! Like this Ham and Cheese Pizza Recipe. Super easy. Super comforting. Ham and cheese is such a classic combination that it doesn't even need an introduction. And put it on a pizza? BOOM. Comfort food perfection.
You will love it. Your kids will love it. You'll all even enjoy the leftovers!
To make this Ham and Cheese, you'll be making a roux for the cheese sauce out of butter, flour, milk, and cheese. The recipe calls for pre-made refrigerated crust, but if you have a favorite homemade pizza crust recipe, that will work too.
You'll also need a pizza pan or baking sheet. After I made this recipe, I bought an air crisper pan to make this Barbecue Ranch Chicken Pizza and WOAH! What a difference it made! I'd really really REALLY recommend this air crisper one. I bought one on a whim, and it is AMAZING. Crispy pizza crust, which if you've ever made a pizza with a soggy crust, you know is a big deal. We've also started cooking french fries and anything else we want to have a little crispiness to it. Get one now HERE from Amazon if you don't have one! You'll thank me later!
Top the pizza with diced ham from leftovers, pre-diced at the store, or even a ham steak that you diced up, and your favorite cheese for a comfy cozy, quick and easy Ham and Cheese Pizza dinner!
Ham and Cheese Pizza Recipe
Ham and Cheese Pizza
- 1 14 ounce tube refrigerated pizza crust dough or homemade pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ½ cups shredded cheese divided (I use cheddar, Swiss, and Monterey Jack. You can choose any of your favorites or a combo)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups diced ham
- Dried parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan or 425°F for all other pans. Lightly grease a large 13-15" pizza dish.
- Unroll dough in pan, pressing out to the edges.
- Bake dough for about 5-8 minutes or until light brown, but not all the way cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour to hot butter. Stir to combine. Allow to heat back up for a minute.
- Begin slowly adding milk, a tablespoon or two at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cups shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce on pizza crust. Top with ham and remaining shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on dried parsley for garnish.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Did you like this Ham and Cheese Pizza recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Ham and Cheese Pizza recipe, you might also like
5 Cheese White Pizza Grilled Cheese
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Leave a Reply