A quick and easy recipe for Meatball Pizza that even the kids can help with! Crispy crust, gooey cheese, and Italian meatballs make the perfect family pizza night!
Meatball Pizza is my kids' favorite thing to order when it's pizza night. They just love it. And I'll just be honest, they'll eat anything with meatballs. (Note to self: Put meatballs on everything...). Anyway I thought it would be fun to make our own Meatball Pizza at home (and okay, maybe a little cheaper too). This is a super simple recipe, and it's the perfect chance to get the kids helping out in the kitchen! Just be sure they know basic kitchen safety rules.
To make this Meatball Pizza recipe, you'll just need a few basic ingredients, like red sauce, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and of course meatballs. The recipe calls for pre-made refrigerated crust, but if you have a favorite homemade pizza crust recipe, that will work too. Same for the meatballs. The recipe calls for frozen to make life a little easier, but feel free to use homemade meatballs, or leftover meatballs, or any kind of meatballs. You can't really go wrong with meatballs.
You'll also need a pizza pan or baking sheet. After I made this recipe, I bought an air crisper pan to make this Barbecue Ranch Chicken Pizza and WOAH! What a difference it made! I'd really really REALLY recommend this air crisper one. I bought one on a whim, and it is AMAZING. Crispy pizza crust, which if you've ever made a pizza with a soggy crust, you know is a big deal. We've also started cooking french fries and anything else we want to have a little crispiness to it. Get one now HERE from Amazon if you don't have one! You'll thank me later!
So once you have all your supplies, you're pretty much ready to go. Press your pizza dough out to the edges or your pizza pan, and then bake for about 5-8 minutes at 400°F. Not all the way cooked, just super lightly browned. This will keep your pizza crust crispy and prevent the sauce from making it a gooey, inedible mess. Then spread on your sauce, and top it with the cheeses and meatballs, and garnish with parsley, if you'd like. You can let the kids go crazy with this part. After all, you can never have too much cheese. Bake again for another 5-10 minutes, this time until the cheese is melted and everything is cooked through. Cut into slices to share, and enjoy your meatball pizza night!
Meatball Pizza Recipe
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust or homemade pizza crust
- 1 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 ounce package Italian-style meatballs, halved
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan or 425°F for all other pans. Lightly grease a large 13-15" pizza dish.
- Unroll dough on pan, pressing out to the edges.
- Bake dough for about 5-8 minutes or until light brown, but not all the way cooked.
- Remove from crust oven, and spread spaghetti sauce evenly over crust.
- Top with meatballs. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake about 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Did you like this Meatball Pizza recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Meatball Pizza recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.