This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUBBA burger. All opinions are 100% mine.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza combines the best of two food worlds into one! Beef BUBBA burgers, cheese, crispy bacon, tangy homemade burger sauce, and pickles. Who could resist?! A fun addition to any pizza (or burger!) night!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
With back-to-school right around the corner, today I’m excited to partner with BUBBA burger to share this easy weeknight Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza.
This Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza can be whipped up in just 30 minutes, start to finish. It’s the combination of two favorites: burgers and pizza. BUBBA burger pieces are cooked up and placed on a pizza crust with a tangy homemade burger sauce, lots of gooey cheese, crispy bacon, onions, and pickles.
It’s easy to make, and fun to eat. This quick and easy pizza will please any crowd, including and especially the kiddos! We had to make a double batch with no leftovers because they loved it so much at our house!
What’s on a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza?
The Crust: I just used a pre-packaged refrigerated crust for simplicity’s sake. If you have a favorite homemade recipe, you can of course, use it. It may change the pre-bake time a little. You want the bottom of the crust to be barely golden and the crust to be just cooked enough to not get soggy when adding sauce and toppings.
Burgers: Pre-cook your BUBBA burgers before the final pizza bake. 100% beef chuck BUBBA burgers make this recipe so quick and easy because there is no thawing required. You can cook them inside in a skillet or run them out to the grill for a quick 10 minute cook time either way.
The Sauce: Instead of a classic pizza sauce, we’re going the other way and using a homemade tangy burger sauce. Feel free to double up on the sauce recipe if you want extra for dipping or burgers later in the week.
Cheese: Every pizza AND burger needs cheese. I went with classic cheddar here.
Toppings: Because it’s BACON cheeseburger pizza, some crispy bacon pieces were necessary. I also added some thinly sliced red onion before baking. After baking, I added dill pickles, and ketchup and mustard for a drizzle garnish. You can also add some fresh lettuce and tomato after baking.
Are There Other Toppings I Can Add?
Of course! I tried to stick to “classic” burger toppings, but you can try your own variations or additions to make it your own. My only tip is to add ingredients you want to keep from getting softened or baked after cooking. Here are some additional topping ideas:
- Cheese – experiment with different cheeses, such as gouda, gruyere, pepper jack or any of your favorites.
- Lettuce and tomato – Two classic burger toppings you don’t want to forget. Add these after baking.
- Jalapenos – add a little spice and add some pickled jalapenos instead of pickles.
- Avocado – Fresh and creamy avocado is a popular burger topping that will go great on this pizza. Add after baking to prevent it from browning or getting too soft.
- Sauteed bell peppers – These are best to cook before adding to the pizza as the short cook time won’t allow them to soften all the way.
- Sauteed mushrooms – You can saute the mushrooms before adding to make sure they’re fully soft, or you can throw them on raw and let them get a little softer while baking.
- Sprouts – Sprouts will add some freshness and crunch. Add these after fully baking the pizza.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Adds a little spice. Add it to the special sauce or on top of the cheese.
- Fruit – Pineapple, mango, and peaches would all make a sweet addition to a burger and burger pizza.
More Burger Recipes You’ll Love
- Bourbon Teriyaki Hawaiian Burgers – topped with savory bourbon teriyaki and a sweet and spicy pineapple salsa
- Easy Banh Mi Burgers – all your favorite Vietnamese sandwich toppings, including pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro, jalapenos, and a spicy mayo, all on a juicy burger!
- Nacho Burgers – Topped with gooey white queso sauce, quick homemade pico de gallo, jalapenos, and tortilla strips for the ultimate cheesy nacho-burger fusion.
- Spicy Blueberry Burgers – with a slightly sweet blueberry sauce, spicy jalapeno aioli, creamy feta, red onions, and fresh arugula for an amazing creamy-sweet-spicy bite you won’t forget.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- 3 BUBBA burgers
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough (ounces?)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- ½ pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced dill pickles
- Ketchup and Mustard for drizzling
For the Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all sauce ingredients, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking oil. Roll out refrigerated crust onto baking sheet. Prebake crust for 6-8 minutes (it will not be totally cooked).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place your frozen BUBBA burgers on the skillet, and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the juices start forming on the top. Flip and cooked until burgers are cooked through. Remove from heat to cool.
- When burgers are cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- After crust is pre-baked, smear sauce onto crust to cover all but ½-inch around the edges.
- Top with cheese, BUBBA burgers pieces, bacon, and red onion.
- Cook pizza for an additional 6-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Top with pickles and a drizzle of ketchup and mustard. Serve warm
- Lettuce and tomato – Add these optional fresh toppings to your pizza if desired after cooking to keep them fresh and crisp.
- Burger Grilling Instructions: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place burgers on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes, until juices rise to the top of the burger. Flip burgers, and finish cooking, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle. Continue with remaining recipe instructions.
- Pizza Grilling Instructions: On a clean floured surface, shape pizza dough into a circular shape, about 12 inches (You may need to shape into an oval depending on the size and shape of your grill.) Brush the top with olive oil. Place dough on a grill rack, oil side down. Brush the top with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Add toppings according to recipe instructions. Grill for an additional 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted and dough is cooked through. You can place a layer of foil under the pizza to prevent more browning and/or burning, if necessary.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!