Juicy, flavorful pork chops, baked in the oven with garlic and Italian seasoning and smothered in cheese in this Cheesy Italian Pork Chops recipe. Make it in just 40 minutes!
Cheesy Italian Pork Chops
A little while back, my sister called me up and asked for a pork chop recipe. And at that moment, I realized that I not only didn't have a favorite pork chop recipe. I just didn't have any pork chops recipes at all. Which for all the comfort food cooking I do just seems wrong.
But don't worry. It's not that I haven't been eating pork chops. I'm not pork chop deprived or anything. I just hadn't tried a recipe that I loved enough to take the time to write it down. And that's just sad.
Obviously, this horrible situation needed to be fixed, STAT! (#firstworldproblems) And now I've got quite a few pork chops recipes that I love enough to pass on (and I'm still working on more, because yum!)
So today, I present to you the very first pork chop recipe on TheGraciousWife.com, Cheesy Italian Pork Chops. Now, I know it's not really a classic-type recipe. Some would even say it's not even comfort-food-y (and to you, I would say anything is a comfort food if it has CHEESE!). But it's a guaranteed winner, and I'll tell you why.
- Cheese. (No further explanation necessary)
- It's really flavorful and juicy, and dry, flavorless pork chops are the worst. The garlic and Italian seasoning give it a nice bright flavor, and the brushing of olive oil before baking keeps the chops nice and juicy.
- IT. IS. SO. EASY. Seriously, so easy to make. And these days, easy recipes are the best kind in my book!
But don't take my word for it! Try it for yourself, and be sure to share it on Instagram with #TheGraciousWife
Cheesy Italian Pork Chops Recipe
Cheesy Italian Pork Chops
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a large 10"x 15" baking sheet. Lay pork chops flat on sheet. Season with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Brush oil mixture over pork chops with a pastry brush.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops, and immediately sprinkle cheese on top to melt. If cheese doesn't melt all the way, pop it back in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Did you like this Cheesy Italian Pork Chops recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
If you liked this Cheesy Italian Pork Chops recipe, you might also like
See More Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.