Take comfort food to the next level with this easy and cozy Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties recipe. A childhood favorite, grown-up style!
Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties
It’s been a long, cold first month of the year. Time for some comfort food. Pasta, bacon, and cheese. Doesn’t get more comforting than that in my world! This Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties recipe is mostly just a yummy bacon twist on the childhood favorite – mac and cheese.
When I was a kid, I’d sometimes make boxed mac and cheese using the noodles from only one box. But then I’d sneak the cheese pouch from a different box for double the cheese. Looking back, I guess I could’ve just used half the noodles and wasted less… But I was young and not good at the logic-ing yet. Cut me some slack! In any case, my love of cheese does clearly date back all the way into the early years.
You can make it with any kind of noodle, but I just really love bow ties. They’re so fun and cute. Plus they’re like little boats to transport more bacon and cheese into my mouth!
I do use a roux for this Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties recipe (which is totally simple to make. Don’t be intimidated by it’s fancy name with its silent “x”), but if you’d rather make it without flour, you can check out my Mac and Cheese WITHOUT flour recipe to make the cheesy sauce, and then just add your extra ingredient.
- Love BACON?! Check out these perfect gifts and ideas for BACON LOVERS!
Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties Recipe
Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties
- 1 16 ounce package Bow Ties, cooked to package instructions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 pound bacon cooked, drained, and chopped
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add flour, and stir until combined.
- Add milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring between each addition.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- When mixture is hot and thick, begin stirring in cheese.
- Add bacon and stir.
- Pour sauce over bow ties.
- Serve warm.
If you liked this Bacon Cheddar Bow Ties recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.