This Crock Pot Spaghetti and meatballs with tender homemade Italian seasoned meatballs, simple homemade sauce, and pasta cooked right in the slow cooker is the easiest way to cook this family favorite meal. It's a spaghetti night game changer!
Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs don't need to be a complicated dish! It can be so time consuming to make. But not these Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs.
This ultimate family favorite dinner couldn't be easier to make or more delicious to eat. With homemade, tender Italian seasoned meatballs, cooked right in the slow cooker with a simple homemade sauce.
You don't even need to pre-cook the pasta! It will cook right in the crock pot for a perfectly saucy comfort food dinner.
Can I Put Uncooked Pasta in the Slow Cooker?
Absolutely! You may need to adjust the liquid content, which has already been done for this recipe.
You will also want to add it closer to the end than any meat that's cooking or the pasta will become too mushy. This recipe adds the pasta for the last 30 minutes, which is a little longer than the stovetop because your slow cooker is not actually boiling.
Can You Put Raw Hamburger in the Crock Pot?
Yes, you can cook raw ground beef in the slow cooker, just as you could could any other beef, pork, or chicken.
Can You Use a Different Sauce?
Sure! You can use a different sauce recipe if you'd like. You may need to add beef broth or water to it to be able to cook the pasta through with enough sauce left. The one in the recipe was designed with that thought in mind.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You'll Love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff - creamy slow cooker dish with tender bits of beef, fresh mushrooms, and warm egg noodles in a creamy sauce.
- Mississippi Pot Roast - the best roast you'll ever eat with just a few simple ingredients.
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf - our family's classic favorite, tender meatloaf cooked in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes - super easy classic ground beef simmers slowly in sauce and is served on a bun.
- Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches - perfectly spiced Italian beef served on a roll with giardiniera and cheese.
Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage (hot or mild depending on your taste)
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ small sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (28 ounces each)
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ small sweet onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles broken in half length-wise
- Fresh chopped basil and grated Parmesan for garnish
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix together using clean hands until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Place meatballs directly into the base of your slow cooker. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add all sauce ingredients, except spaghetti. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours.
- For the last 30 minutes before serving, add spaghetti and stir in. Cook for the remaining 30-40 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh chopped basil and grated Parmesan.
- This recipe makes about 24 meatballs.
- For easier meatball molding, wet your hands while rolling into balls. This will prevent the meat mixture from sticking to them.
- Don't cook the pasta longer than 40 minutes or it will end up too sticky.
- If you want your spaghetti a little more saucy, you can add a little store bought sauce at the end.
- Storage: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare and cook meatballs in sauce. Allow to cool. Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. In a large pot, bring sauce to a low boil. Add spaghetti and cook until tender.
UPDATE INFO: This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It was updated with new tips, video, and pictures in April 2021.
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
We love spaghetti and meatballs. Such a simple and delicious dinner, that everyone will enjoy.
This was so easy to make perfect for busy days. My family loved them
I can only imagine how wonderful your house smells while this is cooking. It's the epitome of comfort in a bowl.
It's kind of amazing to think of making spaghetti and meatballs in a crockpot. I will be trying this for sure!
Oh wow! This is going to be a hit here! Looks so delicious and easy! This is going to be our favorite!
What a fantastic way to make an easy weeknight dinner! Love mixing it up with beef instead of pork and the Italian sausages are always a flavour winner 😀
I love these meatballs! They're so juicy and flavorful and my family loved it. A great dinner that I'm sure to make again!
Such a yummy recipe and easy! I will definitely be making this again!
Marie-Charlotte Chatelain says
this looks amazing! a simple and delicious dinner muy whole family would LOVE any day of the week
I made this for a special Sunday night dinner. Very delicious and definitely making again!
Yum! So glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! 🙂
Are the crushed and diced tomatoes drained?
No, not drained.
I've made this a couple times already. If your weighing the meatballs, weigh them out at 1 oz each. Uniformity!
Great tip! Thanks!
Kelly DiBernardo says
We usually do a combo of meatballs and sausage links; do you think the cook time is appropriate to add sausage link pieces at the beginning with the meatballs?
I think that would work great! Sausage will make some more grease than lean ground beef, so you may want to skim the fat off the top before serving
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
I've been looking for a new crock pot idea and this is it. I love how it can all go in without lots of precooking and such great flavours too.
Made this using meatless meatballs. It worked out great.
Easy weeknight meals and everyone loves it
Nicole @ The Granola Diaries says
Omg! I love that this actually found a way to incorporate meat balls and not just meat sauce. Saving this recipe!!
Crockpot meals are the best! This sounds delicious- adding it to the meal plan for next week.
Oh this will make a great weeknight dinner for my family as we love meatballs! Thank you for sharing such an amazing recipe!
Gina Abernathy says
Love the spaghetti and meatballs in the crockpot. One pot meals are awesome!
What a great idea for midweek dinners. I am going to try this with veggie meatballs.