A Mexican-inspired pasta dish, this Taco Stuffed Shells recipe mixes seasoned ground beef in a creamy, cheesy sauce to stuff in shells for a delicious meal.
Taco Stuffed Shells
Pasta and Mexican-inspired dishes are two staples at the Gracious house. This Taco Stuffed Shells recipe is a delicious combination of the two, mixing taco seasoned ground beef with a creamy, cheesy sauce and stuffing it inside a pasta shell for a full and yummy meal.
Taco Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 24-30 pasta shells cooked to package instructions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 16 ounce bottle taco sauce
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with garlic and onions. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cups taco sauce, and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add cream cheese and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar.
- Spoon mixture into cooked shells (about 2 tablespoons of mixture per shell).
- Place stuffed shells in a lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- Pour remaining taco sauce over stuffed shells.
- Bake covered at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with remaining cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
If you liked this Taco Stuffed Shells recipe, you might also like
See More Mexican Inspired Recipes
See More Pasta Recipes
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.