Creamy, crunchy, and cheesy, this Chicken Nacho Bake recipe is a crowd-pleasing easy casserole recipe with just 5 ingredients.
Chicken Nacho Bake
I LOVE Mexican food. My hubby always makes fun of me because once while we were on the way home from a pre-natal appointment, he was channel-surfing with the radio (is that a thing? Or just a thing that he does?). He scanned quickly past some mariachi music, and I immediately blurted out "I WANT CHIPS AND SALSA!" Now, I mean, granted I was pregnant, but good Mexican food it pretty much always a weakness of mine.
I love experimenting with the classic flavors and coming up with new recipes inspired by my favorites, like this Chicken Nacho Bake recipe. Nachos are a favorite of mine. I like to order them at um... okay, like, every restaurant. I won't go so far as to say this chicken nacho bake is traditional Mexican cuisine by any stretch of the imagination, but it is tasty and inspired by similar drool-worthy flavors. Plus, it's quick and easy and has tortilla chips. So what more could you ask for, really?
To make your Chicken Nacho Bake you just need FIVE ingredients (YAY! Told you it was easy!): Chicken, cream cheese, salsa, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips. Soften your cream cheese first. I usually just pop mine in a microwave-safe bowl for about 45 seconds. Then add your salsa to the bowl, and whisk the cream cheese and salsa together until smooth. Add about half the cheese to the bowl, and stir to combine it all together.
Spread about 1 cup of this mixture into the bottom of a 9"x 13" baking dish. Then place the chicken (which should be cut into bite-sized bits) evenly in a layer on top, and spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top. Top the casserole with crushed tortilla chips, and bake in a 400° oven. Take out the chicken nacho bake to add the remaining cheese on top and bake for an extra 10 minutes to melt the cheese until it's gooey and bubbly.
Garnish your Chicken Nacho Bake with some fresh, green parsley or cilantro if you want to up the pretty factor, serve with some rice and beans, and dig in!
Chicken Nacho Bake Recipe
Chicken Nacho Bake
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (uncooked)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 ounce container salsa
- 4 cups shredded cheddar divided
- 2 ½ cups crushed tortilla chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese and salsa until fully combined.
- Stir 2 cups shredded cheddar into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Spread chicken bites on top in the baking dish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on top of chicken.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar on top, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Did you like this Chicken Nacho Bake Recipe? Find more on my Dinner Ideas and Salads & Side Dishes boards on Pinterest!
If you liked this Chicken Nacho Bake Recipe, you might also like
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Leave a Reply