A simple recipe to make your own Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips that are absolutely delicious. Store bought tortilla chips just can’t compete with these crunchy fresh ones!
Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
Mr. Gracious had been raving about homemade corn tortilla chips one of his buddies makes at work. He insisted they’ll fulfill all of my crunchy, fried chip fantasies. And well, since I just kicked Homemade Corn Tortillas off my foodie bucket list, I was ready to give his chips a try. These chips are actually brought to you by Mr. Gracious, and I must say he did a fabulous job.
He actually made 2 batches. One with the homemade corn tortillas that I made. These chips were thicker and very capable scooping chunkier dips. They reminder me of the corn tortilla chips that are sold in the brown paper bags, or ones you get at authentic Mexican restaurants.
The second batch of tortilla chips, he used store-bought corn tortillas. These were more delicate, better for dips like queso. But they were really amazing. When he fried them up, they bubbled up and separated into layers, creating lots of crunch and texture. If I had to pick one, I’d say these were my favorite.
If you’re looking to grab a fryer, we’ve had this fryer for a few years, and it’s a great little fryer, especially for the price.
- For serving ideas, check out these Delicious Dips Recipes
Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 1 batch of homemade corn tortillas OR 1 package store bought tortillas
- Corn or canola oil enough to fill your fryer or pot half full
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice optional
- Heat your oil in a fryer or large pot to 400.
Cut your tortillas into 6-8 triangles each, using a large knife, or even a pizza cutter.
- When oil is hot, add a small batch of tortilla triangles and fry for about 2 minutes, or until the chips are golden and crunchy.
- Remove chips from oil and place on a paper towel. Pat off excess oil, salt to taste, and add just a little bit of lime juice.
- Repeat the frying process until all of your chips are cooked.
If you liked this Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips recipe, you might also like
Never Miss a Thing!
Join our newsletter to get new recipes, tips, tricks, and tutorials every week!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.